One of my goals this new year was to do more fun family activities. So today we headed to the McCall Winter Carnival. Earlier this week, we felt like it would be too hard on me physically to go, but then this morning I felt impressed that we should go and we ended up having a wonderful time, with minimal walking. It was like the angels orchestrated a lovely outing for us.

I haven't been to the McCall Winter Carnival since I was a kid, so we didn't know what to expect, but there were lots of fun things for the kids. The drive up to McCall was beautiful also.

I haven't been to the McCall Winter Carnival since I was a kid, so we didn't know what to expect, but there were lots of fun things for the kids. The drive up to McCall was beautiful also.

The slide in the first three pictures was actually a part of this amazing scultpure. A lot of the scultpures had melted at least a bit (it was a beautful sunny day), but some of the sculptures were amazing still.

This picture shows how big it is. (Sorry the pictures aren't great. I forgot my camera so they were taken on my iphone).

This was a fun sculpture that was very large. There was a large cave inside that you could walk around in and it was lit by Christmas lights that were encased in ice. It was very cool.

The first sculpture we came to was a sledding playground. There were big tracks on one side but we stuck with the small tracks. They were small but slick and so they were still fast and thrilling for the girls. We forgot our sled, but it was okay because this sculpture was in a large grocery store parking lot and Mark found some great sleds at the store.

Beautiful Grace!
We ended the evening parked at a great parking spot by the lake which was right by a lovely Italian Restaurant. We had a great meal and then we were able to watch some amazing fireworks over the lake right from the restaurant terrace. It was a spectucular show and the fireworks were so close I thought we might get some sparks on us. The kids (and parents) were amazed. My pregnancy may be getting a bit complicated already, and I may need to take it easy soon, so we are really grateful that we could have this fun outing today. We hope you are all doing well.
Love,
Aubrey







1 comment:
Yay for a fun family day! It's good you were feeling up to it. Is that why you missed church? =)
Thanks for sharing the pics, and right now I'm wishing I had access to a nice Italian dinner. =)
Post a Comment