Thursday, October 03, 2013

Joy's 4th Birthday


Joy was very lucky to have two birthday parties this year.  First she got to have a birthday party in Logan.  We had such a great trip to Logan and the birthday party was one of the highlights of the trip.  Lisa got this great cake and Joy loved it!  It was so fun to celebrate with so many loved ones.

I love Lisa in the background, such a pretty smile.  And it was great to make a new friend with Emily Greer (next to Joy in the picture), she and Grace were tied at the hip all weekend.

Then on Monday, we had a birthday party with the Rogers.  I got quite ambitious with the cake (trying to implement Joy's design ideas) and Joy loved it.  It had rainbow frosting between the layers made with concentric rings of different colored frosting.  I'm still sore from making it (my Fibro's not great right now), but it was worth it.

Joy got so many wonderful presents, she's been having a great week playing with her new toys.  She is such a happy addition to our family.  She's struggling a bit with the idea of not being the baby anymore, but I know she'll adjust and be happier than ever.  We love our sweet Joy. 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Suzie said...

Wish we could have been there! It looks like so much fun. The cakes are beautiful!

Shannon said...

Good job on the cake! It's really cute!