Friday, December 13, 2013

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


We've been getting ready for Christmas around here.  We got some big wreaths for our outside upstairs windows, it looks great in the day too.  That was inspired by last year's December Cincinnati trip.  There are lots of Colonial style houses and people put big wreaths in all their windows and it's so pretty.

This year, I wanted to shake things up with our big tree (the kids have their own tree that they get to decorate themselves).  So we did a different color scheme with glitter butterflies and other fun ornaments.  I'm not sure I'll stick with this every year, but it was fun to try something different.

Things have been going pretty well lately.  We had a stressful week a couple weeks ago waiting to get BethAnne's bladder checked for cancer because she's been having weird bleeding with infections.  But everything looks good there.  Andy may have a small surgical procedure next week to put a stent in his tear duct.  Other than that, he seems very healthy and getting so big.  He doesn't have many symptoms of acid reflux anymore, so he may go off of that medicine soon.


And here's a picture of our sweet baby Andy. I took this picture when I was taking pictures of the tree and I thought of the words "sleep in heavenly peace."  He's such a sweetie.  He just got both of his bottom teeth in and they're adorable.  I'll have to get a picture soon.  He's been a pretty happy, easy baby lately, except for waking up more at night (I think because of the teeth coming in).  We're so blessed.  Have a very merry Christmas.  Love you all!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Bopp said...

I love to read your posts. I only wish more of us would take the time to share.

Suzie said...

Love the decorations! And Andy is adorable. I didn't know about the cancer scare; so glad that was negative. We love you!