I've gotten behind a bit on my posting. It was a very busy summer. In July, BethAnne and I went to Columbus, Ohio for a week, for lots of tests and to see new doctors. The visit went well. We were especially impressed with the doctors and the Ronald McDonald House. The Ronald McDonald House in Columbus is the biggest in the world. There were all sorts of rooms to hang out in, like a library, movie theater, several family rooms, a princess play room, and other fun rooms. The people there were very kind and our room was nice.
Here's a picture of BethAnne with Ronald in front of the Ronald McDonald House. We went to church the day of that picture. The people at the ward were really nice. A member of the Bishopric works as a nurse anesthetist at the children's hospital so we were able to request him for the anesthetized procedure (just some scopes) and he gave us extra attention.
Here's BethAnne at the Science Center. It was pretty cool, lots of walking, but BethAnne had a lot of fun.
There was a cool water exhibit at the Science Center.
Here's a picture of BethAnne with some of her "bracelets" one day.
We went and drove by the Columbus Temple. It's kind of tucked away in a neighborhood, but very pretty.
My favorite place we visited was the Franklin Conservatory and Botanical Gardens. It features Chihuly art glass throughout. The plants and glass were amazing. They also had a butterfly garden (with art glass) and it was spectacular.
This picture doesn't really do justice to the amazing butterflies that were at the butterfly garden, but it was hard to get good pictures of them.
I loved this pink flower, very pink.
Some Chihuly glass that was in a ceiling.
They had a Bonsai garden, so cool.
Here was a picture outside our room at the Ronald McDonald House. It is one of my favorite sayings so it was fun to see it there.
The Columbus Zoo was another amazing stop on our trip. The girls had asked BethAnne to get a picture with a cheetah, and she and the cheetah were happy to oblige.
The giraffes at the zoo were spectacular. This feeding station was a couple stories off the ground. It was amazing to see how tall they are.
I'm glad we got to do some fun things while we were in Columbus. Some of the tests were really not fun, but BethAnne was brave and the doctors were able to learn a lot. She will go back to have surgery the Monday before Thanksgiving. She will be there at least 10 days. It will be a pretty significant surgery (bowel resection, among other things), but it should really help her quality of life. We would appreciate your prayers during that week and always.
Love,
Aubrey
4 comments:
Looks like you two had a lot of fun! I love it that you took a trip full of difficult things and made some happy memories too :) that is exciting about the surgery helping her quality of life!
Looks like you two had a lot of fun! I love it that you took a trip full of difficult things and made some happy memories too :) that is exciting about the surgery helping her quality of life!
Love the pictures. You had some great adventures while you were out there. I would love to see that botanical garden someday. We have one out here in D.C. that is wonderful too (but none of the spectacular glass); we'll have to take you when you come to visit someday. Love you!
It's been a long time since I've read anyone's blog. Thanks for the nudge. I always love your pics. Chihuly glass is so amazing! We saw a lot of it in Tacoma a few years back. =)
I liked catching up a bit on your life. Keep it comin'. I really hope BethAnne's surgery goes smoothly. She'll be in my prayers. Such a sweet girl.
Post a Comment