




Hello dear family! I'm sorry it's been so long since I posted, but hopefully posting some pictures as well will help you forgive me! We've been having a wonderful summer here in Omaha and can't believe it's almost August already. For our anniversary last month we went to Kansas City for a weekend and had a fantastic time. We went shopping all day on Saturday at a huge outdoor shopping plaza and then on Sunday we visited Liberty Jail and the Independence Visitor's Center. This summer Diana taught me how to crochet and I made this blanket for a friend of mine who's expecting a baby girl. FYI, she requested bright red, but I think it still turned out pretty cute. I miss having a blanket to crochet on my lap, so be sure to let me know when I can start making another for a new niece or nephew! More recently, Jon and I have been busy with church assignments, house-sitting and baby sitting. We've been asked to serve on the PR committee for the Omaha Stake Preparedness Fair, which is happening in four weeks. Jon even made a blog for it! Check it out at www.omahapreparednessfair.blogspot.com. This last weekend we babysat for a family in our ward with three little kids - ages 10, 8 and 4. Man is it hard going from zero kids to three! I guess I'll just have to hope not to have triplets! They were a challenge, but pretty good overall and it was nice to earn a little extra cash. Jon's still enjoying his job and they're sad to see him leave soon. His dad said that is Jon wasn't his son, he would make him a job offer on the spot and try to convince him not to finish school. Work is boring as ever for me, but it's only for a little while longer so I guess I can stick it out. I sure have gotten good at crossword puzzles though! :) Well, that's about it for us. Sorry this post is a little helter-skelter, but I suppose that's a little like how our life is right now! Love you lots!
The Day Has Finally Come......
-
I Brian Llewellyn have finally bought a BB gun for my boys. WooHoooooooo!
Let the good times begin.
17 years ago
2 comments:
Thanks for the update. I really like the blanket you made and the skirt you're wearing in the Sunday pictures. I'm glad you guys have had a good summer. It will be nice to have you back in the West again. Love you.
I love the blanket! If you come across any patterns you like, let me know. A fun thing I've done is crocheted Christmas stockings for Jeff and I. I still have to get caught up and make some for the kids, but I'm hoping to do that soon.
Post a Comment