(Drumroll) Introducing... Joy Carma Rogers
Hello Everyone!
Just when I thought my pregnancy might last a very long time, my blood pressure shot up and it was time to go. My blood pressure started to climb on Sunday, so I was admitted to the hospital Sunday evening and Joy was born by C-Section at 12:37pm on Monday, September 28th. She was 7 lbs 4 oz, and 19 inches long. Even though the doctor was able to successfully turn her head-down last Thursday, she turned herself back to breech position by Sunday, so I guess she really didn't want to go through the stress of labor. The C-section went well and I'm recovering really well. It takes awhile for the blood pressure and pre-eclampsia symptoms to get back to normal, but I'm making progress. Joy and I were both well enough to leave the hospital yesterday afternoon and we are glad to be back home. Mark started his Paternity leave on Tuesday and he has been a huge help. It will be so great to have him home this month.
For a long time, we thought this baby's name would be "Faith" when she was born. We have learned a lot about faith this last year and we are very grateful for all the blessings and miracles we've received. When she was born, the name Faith didn't fit and we couldn't figure it out. We tried to pick a different name but all our other choices didn't seem to fit either. I thought of the name "Joy" a few times, but it wasn't on our list and I didn't want to complicate things, so I didn't mention it. Finally, a few hours before it was time to leave the hospital we were talking about it and Mark said "the only name she looks like is 'Joy' ". I looked at him in amazement and I told him I had thought that too but hadn't said anything. We knew right then that Joy was her name and we are very happy. After faith and trials, comes joy, so it makes perfect sense. Joy's middle name, Carma, is after Mark's mom. I don't know if we would have our beautiful, full-term baby girl, without the help of Mark's parents, especially his Mom. She was here most of the summer so I could rest. We have been so blessed. Thank you to everyone for all your thoughts and prayers and help you have given us. We love you all! I will send more pictures soon, these don't do her justice. She is such a pretty little baby.

8 comments:
She IS a pretty baby! I so wish I could be there to help and see her. We love you!
Oh so pretty in pink! I love the first picture! And all of them, of course! I'm so glad you named her Carma - I am so grateful for all she and Dave did - and is still doing. Bless them!
She's gorgeous! She looks just like a little doll. I'm so glad you're all doing so well.
Congratulations - what a beautiful baby and a beautiful name :)
She is so beautiful! Congratulations! I'm so glad you and the baby are doing well.
What a little doll! She is gorgeous, and she definitely looks like a Joy to me. (Daphne will be so excited that they're Joy twins!)
awwww, congrats!
this is Amy's cousin btw. I saw your announement on her blog and just had to come by and see! She's beautiful!
Congrats!!! What a beautiful girl, she'll fit right in with her big sisters. Glad you are doing well.
Post a Comment