Friday, May 13, 2011

Kid Comedy and Cakes








This evening there is a carnival at BethAnne's school. As part of the fun, and to help out, we made and decorated some cakes (there will also be a cake decorating contest, then the cakes will be used for a cake walk). BethAnne decorated three (all by herself, ideas and everything) and Grace decorated one (the top picture). Grace's cake is more decoration than cake, but quite creative nonetheless.

Kid Comedy-

Last weekend I picked up some Ben and Jerry's ice cream for Mark and I (which we usually don't splurge on). I got two kinds, mine was Chubby Hubby, which has strange sentimental meaning for me because I got some for Mark on his first birthday that I knew him . Anyway, on Monday morning I came downstairs and Grace was playing on the computer and I looked over on the counter and there was the top to my Chubby Hubby ice cream. I knew where to find the carton because it's happened before. In the garbage can was the rest of the ice cream (she likes to eat some and then throw the rest away (she's been known to do it with half gallons too). Anyway, I was really upset and I told her that she was not allowed to have ice cream without permission (which she knows) and I told her that that particular ice cream was special to me. I had a hard time letting it go, so she got a few reminders that day about not doing that again. The next day, I came downstairs after putting Joy down for a nap and what does she have in her hands- a spoon and Daddy's carton of Ben and Jerry's. She quickly said "there's more left if you want some". She could tell I was mad so she said "Was this ice cream special to you too?"

---
On a related note, we were driving to Grandma's house yesterday so the kids could be babysat while Mark and I went to the Temple. The girls were fighting a bit, so I told them "You guys need to be good at Grandma's house, no fighting. I need you to be on your best behavior." Then came Grace's voice, as serious as I've ever heard her- "Mom, I am ALWAYS on my best behavior."

Have a Happy weekend!
Love,
Aubrey
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carrie Johanson said...

Thanks so much for the updates. I'm not sure what to say about Grace's cake - Wow! :-)

Lisa Llewellyn said...

SO you could write an entire book about Grace - and use that cake as the cover page. What a delightful girl!