Sunday, June 19, 2011

Cincinnati Trip!

Hi Everyone,

We had a good, busy time in Cincinnati. I got a little worn out, but I think the kids had a pretty good time. We flew into Indianapolis and we stayed there for a couple days. On Sunday, we slept in after getting into town late, then we went to Church. Later in the afternoon, we were able to go have dinner with Kim Yorgason Flora and her family. We had wonderful food and the kids had a blast playing with their sweet kids. It was a wonderful way to spend our Sunday.

Then on Monday we went to the Indianapolis Childrens Museum. If you're ever in that area of the country, I highly recommend visiting there. They have an amazing Chihuly glass sculpture there, and some more glass pieces in the ceiling of the basement. It's so colorful and beautiful, I love it!

 

 
The main sculpture is four stories high.

 
There were lots of fun things to see and do at the museum. Here, Grace is pretending to go on a diving expedition to explore a sunken ship.

 
We found a fun place to play with dinosaurs in the basement of the museum. Sometimes it's the simple things that are the most fun.

 

 
There was a fun pretend flower garden, perfect for toddlers. There were lots of plush flowers to "plant" in holes in pretend dirt.

Then we went to Cincinnati on Monday evening. Tuesday was full of lots of tests and a doctor visit.

 
BethAnne had to have lots of finger pokes for one test. It was not fun, but she was a trooper.


 
After our day at the hospital, we went to the zoo, which was a bit of a hike because there were lots of hills, but we got to see some fun animals. The kids especially liked the petting zoo.

 
More pretty pictures at the zoo.

 

 

We went to the aquarium on Wednesday (and I didn't get any good pictures of that), but the highlight of our trip was going to King's Island Amusement park. They have an awesome kids area, with tons of fun rides. I wish I had taken more pictures, there were so many fun things to do. It was especially fun to see Joy ride some of the rides. She was so delighted. On this trip, BethAnne was quite the daredevil and she wasn't afraid of any of the rides in the kids area (even though some of them are for older kids). She went on two roller coasters and some other scary rides and had a blast.

Overall it was a very good trip and all the tests results were good or stable. The doctors are happy with how BethAnne is doing and we got some questions answered, so that was good. We'll probably be visiting there every year or two for many years, so at least they have fun stuff to do.

I hope you are all doing well. Love you all!

Love,
Aubrey
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lisa Llewellyn said...

It looks like you had a great time! I love Joy's expression in the last picture. I'm glad BethAnne's results came back ok!

Bakers said...

Glad everything went well! Cute pics of your girls...looks like fun. I love the indy children's museum!!