Friday, June 17, 2011

Spring Happenings

Eva's "Self Portrait" was chosen to be in an art show at the high school in April. She is so creative and loves to draw.




For Christmas Eva got a "butterfly garden," and this spring we got to watch baby caterpillars grow fatter and fatter and then make chrysallids and finally break out as beautiful butterflies. We took these pictures when we released the butterflies into the back yard. They weren't used to having a big space to fly around in, so they stayed on Eva's finger for a little while after she coaxed them out of the little netted enclosure we had kept them in.



Springtime means lots of yard projects for daddy, and the kids love to help (as long as "helping" means a ride in the wheelbarrow)


This is Aiden singing in his program that was part of his preschool graduation. I used to think that the idea of having a graduation from preschool was ridiculous, but, honestly when it's your own kid, it's pretty darn cute and fun.




A few weeks ago we took the kids to a little carnival down the road. Eva and Aiden had a lot of fun, and their favorite ride was the roller coaster (Daddy liked it too).


Eva and Aiden had a great time in soccer again this spring. Unfortunately, we always forgot to bring a camera, so we only have this picture of Aiden that my friend took. I think it's the cutest thing to see all the kids in their soccer uniforms that always seem to be way too big for them.

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Very cute pictures! Thanks for the update! We had a butterfly garden too, we released the butterflies a few weeks ago. It was very neat! I've got lots of pictures of it, but I need to get around to posting them. I also have lots of pictures of our trip I'll try to post soon. Have a great weekend!