Sunday, August 07, 2011

Tyler's Baptism






Tyler's baptism was beyond perfect yesterday. We enjoyed every minute. When my 4 boys got up to sing "When I am Baptized" (the rainbow song), I lost it, along with a few other mommas in the room. I made them sing it again at home so I could record it. I tried to post it, but it didn't work. Maybe I'll try youTube another day. It made me laugh watching it because Tyler took a swipe at Adam half-way through when he started singing the wrong words (It reminds me of a home video of me hitting Carl when we were kids...I hope that one never gets posted on the internet). The Spirit must have really helped them out when we were at the church (they don't have Baker voices, ...but they're still cute!! ;)

Thanks to everyone for the baptism gifts. Aubrey - he loves the Jelly Belly's - he loves that they are all sorted and shiny. He's my little collector, afterall.

We have had a wonderful time with Grandma and Grandpa Llewellyn. We went to the Martin Harris pageant yesterday. Martin Harris sacrificed so much for the Church, it's a pity we all remember him as the guy who lost the 116 pages. I was surprised to find out that he was buried in a little town outside of Logan. The production was really well done. We had a great time. Then we lit a paper lantern to cap off the wonderful baptism day. It was cool - we'll have to do those at our next reunion. I'm so thankful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! I love my family!!


2 comments:

Aubrey said...

I'm so glad that Tyler had a good baptism day. I'm sorry we couldn't be there, but I'm glad he liked the Jelly Belly's. I absolutely love the picture of Brian and the boys in their shirts and ties on the Jeep. You should frame that somewhere, it's awesome! I hope you're able to get the video on You Tube so you can share it with us. It will be great to see you on Friday!

Suzie said...

It sounds wonderful! Great pictures - especially the one on the jeep!