I've got some blog posts to catch up on. We've been busy because of our newest addition. Andrew Mark Rogers was born July 3, 2013. He was 2 1/2 weeks early. He didn't breathe for the first couple minutes, so he gave us a bit of a scare, but he was doing really well after a few minutes. The doctors think that the fluid didn't leave his lungs properly when he was born. He stayed in the NICU for the first 36 hours for observation and because he needed a little oxygen.

He's so cute, I think he looks a lot like BethAnne looked.
He's so cute, I think he looks a lot like BethAnne looked.
I like this picture because it shows how I felt, pretty exhausted. C-sections are pretty tough, but I'm so grateful that I healed well and that my pre-eclampsia didn't get too bad. I thought I would escape full blown pre-eclampsia all together, but a few days after giving birth, my blood pressure shot up quite high. After a few different blood pressure medicines (the first two having the scary side effect of making it hard for me to breathe and feel my extremities) I was put on a good medicine that brought my blood pressure down. So we went home just a couple days after Andy was born, but our adventures were just beginning, stay tuned... :)

No comments:
Post a Comment