Monday, September 01, 2014

Summer Fun!

The summer is coming to an end, and I've got some pictures to post to document some great times.  Pioneer Elementary has a great tradition of having a picnic on the last day of school.  That was around the middle of June.  We found a beautiful spot in the shade and we had a lovely picnic.  Also that day, we went to BethAnne's 5th grade graduation, where she received an academic achievement award.
 Pretty Grace and BethAnne and Joy (below)

My handsome guys.
Then we had a few quiet weeks of summer, and then our favorite time of summer came- when Suzie and the kids come to visit.  We had so much fun.  One day we went kite flying, it was a great, windy day.  The kites practically flew themselves.  There were even several instances of the kites flying away from the kids (and out of their hands), but I think they were all (or almost all) recovered, in miraculous fashion.
Then we went to Utah and had lots of fun in Logan.  It was so great to see everyone and be all together for a day.  After we left Logan, we went to visit Grandma Shurtliff and then the next day we had a wonderful time with the Bousquets at Temple Square, the BYU Bookstore and Grandma and Grandpa Baker's house.
Here's Andy at Temple square.  He's so cute. 
 I love this picture of BethAnne in the Tabernacle.  The lighting makes her look like an angel, which she often seems to be.  It was a special day on Temple Square.  There is a really special spirit there and I resolved that we should go there at least every few years.  We had a great time in Utah, but it kind of wore me out.  I ended up with a terrible cold.  Luckily I got better just in time for our yearly Fair trip.  And this time, someone special came with us- Grandma!  It was an especially fun trip this year and I felt blessed to be strong enough to enjoy it and that Mark and BethAnne didn't come down with a bad cold until the next day.
Here's Grandma and BethAnne and Grace on the Ferris Wheel.  Very fun!
 Here's Grandma again and in the background you can see some of the quilts.  It's amazing to see the quilts and crafts that people enter in the Fair every year.
Potato farmer Grace
 Corny Joy!
 Joy in a Kangaroo ride.  Her favorite was the dragon roller coaster.  It's really small, but she loves it.
This picture sums up Andy's feelings about the Fair.  He wasn't necessarily fussy, but he looked fairly disgruntled the whole time.  I'm not sure why.  It was not a hot day and there was lots to see.  Hopefully he'll like it better next year. 
 One of the girls' favorite rides is the pony ride.  They love it!

  We love the fair.  You're all welcome to join us next year.  
And that's my report for the end of summer.  Have a great week!




1 comment:

Suzie said...

Great pics as always! We loved visiting. I'm so glad you post. I need to get my act together one of these days.