Sunday, February 10, 2008







Hi everyone! We're doing well out here in Virginia. We've all been healthy for over a month (knock on wood), which hasn't happened since before Eva started preschool. It snowed once a few weeks ago, but besides that the weather has been pretty nice. One day last week got up to 70 degrees! The kids love playing outside in the backyard. Aiden will grab his shoes and bang on the back door when he wants to go out. Aiden has become quite the climber. For awhile we had all the dining room chairs scooted way back from the table so he couldn't climb onto the table, but now he just scoots the chairs wherever he wants them, so I have to play the "intercept--move the chair back--intercept again--move the chair back again..." game. He and Eva are so sweet. They are so happy and loving and I feel so blessed to be their mom. It has really been joyous lately. The pictures of me and the kids on the carousel are from a "family date" we went on a couple weeks ago. We went and helped daddy pick out eyeglasses (that's right, Jeff got glasses! He wears them mostly just to drive and watch t.v.), then we rode the carousel at the mall and went out to eat. It was a lot of fun. I'll have to take a picture of Jeff in his glasses and post them on the blog next time. We get to all go visit the Rogers in Cincinnati next weekend and we're really excited about that. I talked to Lisa last week about the Carl Baker family reunion this summer in Logan.; August will work best for us - how does that sound to everyone else?

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Your kids are so adorable! I'm excited to see you guys next weekend. We're doing well now, so if everything continues normally we should be doing great for company next weekend! Your piano looks lovely, how's the sound? I'll have to get glasses one of these years too (for driving and stuff). See you soon! Love, Aubrey

Suzie said...

I love the piano. It sounds really nice. The piano tuner said it would the tone would be mellower if we put an area rug under it, so we have to do that one of these days, but it's nice the way it is too.

Mom said...

The family date sounds like a special time! August sounds great for us for a reunion - I'll put August 7-10 on the calendar! Love to you busy mommies!!

Lisa Llewellyn said...

We got a keyboard from a neighbor a few months ago (she was going to give it to DI and I intercepted it). I didn't think I'd ever want a piano, but the kids really like playing it.