Wednesday, April 29, 2009


Guess what happened yesterday? After taking 31 years off, Grandpa had his first day at school. My Tuesday/Thursday class is 2 1/2 hours long. The class is Internet Programming. The teacher flew through material, saying he didn't want to bore us with stuff we already knew. Lots of things went wrong and I'd have to say I vacillated between feelings of fear, dread, anxiety most of the day. Then it was time for the pity party to end. I decided to get back up and give it the old "college" try.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll get the hang of things. I'm just going to have to learn to work faster. Thankfully my mind seems to be working better and better each day. Well I've got to go now and get a student ID, parking passes (even though I'm riding my bike to school. Then off to my Artificial Intelligence class. I'll let you know how I hold up. Have a great day!

3 comments:

Lisa Llewellyn said...

YOU CAN DO THIS GRANDPA!!!! I'm excited for you and praying for you and so proud of you. You will pick this up and do just fine. Take it one step at a time (maybe even one class at a time for awhile). Give yourself some credit - you know a ton more than these guys, just maybe not the same things. We love you! PS - the boys love the picture and they think it's great that you have homework just like them. If you ever have any html,.net, c#, flash (just learning) questions, give me a call. Call Mark for anything else - or anything hard :)

Aubrey said...

Go Dad!!! Keep up the good work. Try to stay calm when things seem impossible, things will make sense as time goes on. Remember Nephi, you can build a boat too with the Lord's help. We love you and we're praying for you!

Suzie said...

I love the picture. You're going to do great. We love you, and we're so excited to see you in a few weeks!