Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Bousquet Summer

I thought I'd finally blog about some of our recent goings on. Jeff has been building a shed in the back yard. It's huge, and he's building it from scratch (he decided against using a kit so he could save money and buy extra power tools instead). He's had to take a break from building because he had a gout attack that just won't go away and he's super busy at work, but he's excited to get working on it again...maybe after the baby is born. Here's what he has so far.




We also planted a garden this year. With me being so huge and tired and Jeff busy with the shed, etc., the the garden has been kind of neglected and it became a huge overgrown jungle (I finally had to take the loppers to the tomatoes one day because they were just out of control), but we've been able to get quite a few good tomatoes, some green beans, and zucchini. We also have a big old basil plant that I'm going to try to make pesto out of and one pumpkin growing (all that has managed to grow from a vine that is well over 20 feet long).


As for the kids, they are darling as ever. Eva is quite the acrobat, enjoys working on her Hooked on Phonics books, and is very excited for kindergarten and the new baby. Aiden has shot up like a weed (he doesn't even look like a toddler any more), has become more social and verbal, and loves to paint and draw and snuggle.

We love you all!

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Thanks for the update. Do you have more pictures of the kids? I hope Jeff feels better soon. Good luck with the rest of the summer! Love, Aubrey

Flora said...

Love the pictures Suzie! I haven't talked to you in what seems like forever :) Good luck with the new baby and juggling three -- I'm still trying to get used to it and Danny is 18 monhts! Email me sometime - I'd love to hear from you!
wishuponastar@mstar2.net

Lisa Llewellyn said...

Thanks for posting, Suzie. Aiden does look a lot older. I've had a hard time letting Adam grow up the last few months. He's talking as well as Cameron almost. I hope Jeff's gout is better - no fun!! I'm very impressed with the shed, though.

Alpha Alarm said...

Wow, that shed is pretty amazing. Jeff certainly has some shed-building skills.