Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fun week!

Brian took Thursday off and we met the Shurtliff clan at Pineview. It was a small crowd this year, but we really had a great time catching up and playing in the water. The kids loved the "molecule" (a new toy Reed has that is virtually impossible to fall off of, no matter how crazy he drives the boat). We had a really nice day with everyone - and Brian was amazing to play with the kids the whole time. Thanks hon!
Then we went to Rexburg for the weekend. Brian has fond memories of his year at Ricks, so it was fun for him to be able to take the kids to some of his favorite places - the Civil Defense Caves and the sand dunes ("the biggest sandbox you'll ever see"). Sassy Tyler was quick to point out that the dunes didn't have wooden sides, so it didn't count as a sandbox. The kids had a great time anyway (although Cameron didn't appreciate the cave as much as the two older boys - he started asking if we could be done before we even got all the way inside). .


t



I'll end my post with some funny Adam phrases that I will miss when he is older:
"wheres my guys?" - when he can't find his brothers
"i wanna hold you" - when he wants me to pick him up.
"I need you." - 20 times a day when I'm not giving him enough attention.
"you sleep with me?" or "you sleep with me!" every naptime and bedtime. Someday he won't need me and I will be SOOO sad. Until then, I will treasure every tuck-in.
Hope you are all well!

2 comments:

Suzie said...

You guys are always having so much fun! I love the quotes from Adam. Aiden seems so big to me and I'm kind of in mourning that he isn't a baby anymore; it's a good thing we'll have another baby in the house soon.

Aubrey said...

Very cute post! It sounds like you're having a fun summer! Very cute kids!