Sunday, May 25, 2014

Creative Kids Report

I know I just posted a big post, but I was looking through some of BethAnne's pictures tonight and I'd like to share some of those also (most of them taken by BethAnne).
 This is a cake BethAnne decorated all by herself last fall.  She really enjoys baking, especially muffins.

This is a newspaper BethAnne made about her dogs (I think Grace helped with the stories too.  It's kind of hard to see on the picture, but inside there were stories and a crossword puzzle.  The front page story is about foods the dogs don't like (which is very rare, and therefore newsworthy :) 

 This is my Mother's Day present from BethAnne.  She spent so much time on it.  There was an origami box and homemade envelope with a special homemade origami card and inside the box was an origami masterpiece (a special box with origami hearts and two tiny origami elephants on top).

 BethAnne called this an origami layered card, it opened up to reveal the message inside.

 Look Closely to see the Origami Elephants, a Mommy and baby touching noses.

 These was a card and some kind of bead creation from Grace (the ballerina ones) and Joy made me a card (farther back, with a mommy heart and Joy heart on the front).
 Then Mark surprised me with this beautiful necklace.  They're all so good to me.  That morning on Mother's Day, was one of those perfect moments.  I felt so loved and so blessed.  They are my greatest treasures.

 Today was Lily Rose's 3rd birthday.  BethAnne is quite fond of her dogs, they are her babies, so she planned a special birthday party for her dogs.  There were games for the dogs and games for the people (including a homemade pinata and pin the tail on the dog) and decorations and special treats for the dogs and the people.  All planned and hosted by BethAnne.
 Here is some special dog food with dog treat candles in one bowl.
 "Mommy BethAnne" shows the dogs their treat.
 Here is one of the games BethAnne made, we all got a turn (Grace won).
 And here's some of the decorations.

I'm glad I went along with this scheme because it was actually a very fun evening as a family.  I'm so grateful for my sweet, creative kids.  It wonderful to see them grow up to be such neat people.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I love it! How thoughtful and creative BethAnne is. The newspaper, the party planning, all of it - so cute!
I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day. Such precious gifts from your treasures.