Monday, April 21, 2008

And I lub my sweet family!

Hello all! I am so happy to be the daughter, sister and aunt of all of you wonderful people (especially aunt!) Your little ones are all so adorable, and I especially miss the ones I haven't seen recently--Carl and Suzie, you just live too far away! Still, we're happy for all of you and the great families you have begun, even if we do live all over. I'm happy to be graduating this week and student teaching was almost worth not having finals--almost. :) It's been relaxing to not have anything to worry about this last week or so, and I've even gotten a jump start on packing. We've officially decided to move to Omaha this summer for Jon to work as a project manager with his dad's company, Dial Equities. Dial Equities is a property management company that acquires, renovates and manages large multi-family complexes all over the Midwest. Jon will traveling throughout the South as he oversees many of the renovations. He'll also be making 3D renderings of the newly renovated apartments. Man, I have a brilliant husband! Despite his misgivings about working for his dad, this really is an incredible internship opportunity, and he even gets a new laptop! I'm not quite sure what kind of work I'll get for the summer, since waitressing doesn't really fit with Jon's 8-5 schedule, so I'll probably temp or find a secretary job somewhere. As for September...I'm pretty sure I'm not going to teach next school year and so I'm not sure what kind of job I'll end up with. I'll teach someday, but I think I'd be happier with a less high-stress job in this stage of my life as a young wife. Jon's almost done with finals and his family starts getting into town on Wednesday (Jon's brother is graduating too), then I'm thrilled to see Mom and Dad on Friday. So that's about it with us...just wanted to make sure everyone knew what was going on with the Hastings. :) By the way, Rick needs to start posting on here too! Does anyone want to second that motion? We love you Rick and wish you luck with the new semester! Love you all!

5 comments:

Lisa Llewellyn said...

I second! Rick - we need to see some pics of your life there at BYI-I. What's you gmail account and I'll add you to allowed posters...

Lisa Llewellyn said...

Sounds like you've got a good plan for the next few months. Congrats on graduating, and good luck in Omaha!

Suzie said...

Good luck in Omaha! It sounds like a great opportunity!

Aubrey said...

Congratulations on graduating Chrissy! And congratulations on Jon's internship! Even though he'll be working for his dad, it sounds like a wonderful opportunity! I hope you have a very nice summer. I'm sorry we probably can't make it down for graduation. I'll be thinking of you!
Love,
Aubrey

Bakers said...

Congrats on your graduation! I bet it has been a relaxing last few weeks for you. Good luck in Omaha. We miss you guys!