Sunday, October 12, 2008

Autumn Update






Well, I noticed that it's been over a month since I last posted. I've really got to get better at this. We're not super exciting, but we're happy and healthy - oh, except for Aiden who gets bad allergies at the change of every season. His nose is running all the time, but he is still cheerful and sweet as can be. His new favorite song that he sings all the time is one he made up himself; the only words are "happy day" repeated over and over again. Every time he sings it, it puts the biggest smile on my face. Aiden's favorite hobby these days is chasing the cats. Tiger usually won't let him get her, but Hopper actually seeks Aiden out a lot of the time. When Aiden catches him, Aiden will usually pick him up or just lay on him like a big fluffy pillow (Hopper is the hugest, fluffiest 9-month old kitten you've ever seen. I like to call him "big lug"; one of these days I'll have to take a picture of the cats so you can see).

Eva is loving preschool as always and is making lots of friends. Last week Eva's class went to a pumpkin patch nearby that has tons of play stuff for the kids and I went along as a "chaperone". They had big slides and hay bales and a big pile of dirt for the kids to dig in and a hay ride and all sorts of great stuff. Eva had a blast. Her list of favorite things to do these days includes: riding her tricycle all around the neighborhood with mommy and Aiden, drawing pictures (I'm really impressed with some of the art she produces) and doing crafts (I checked out a craft book from the library to give me ideas of things for her to do and she loves it). She's very excited to dress up as a dragon for Halloween this year, and is even more excited for Christmas to come. Eva loves all things holiday.

Jeff is busy with work and family time and yard projects. He likes being busy though so that's good.

The kids have been so easy to take care of lately, that I've started doing some crafts (Christmas decorations and crocheted stockings) and reading more than I have in a long time. It's been kind of luxurious.

Well, that's the Bousquet update. We love you all and love reading about you on the blog.

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Very, very cute pictures and post! That Aiden is so adorable. I can't believe he goes around singing "happy day". Graces new favorite phrases are "I don't like it" and "stop it" and "Mickey Mouse!" (demanding to watch a Mickey Mouse show). But she's a joy in her own way. Eva is such a sweetie too. She always looks so happy in the pictures. You're doing such a great job with them. If you have time maybe you could email me some of your favorite craft project ideas. Do you have any that two-year-olds can participate in (Grace loves to do everything BethAnne does). Have a great week. I miss you guys. Love, Aubrey

Bakers said...

Thanks for the update. I loved the pictures! We miss you guy.

Lisa Llewellyn said...

Tyler is going to be a dragon too. Cameron asked if he could be a dog - a blue dog. I didn't think I'd ever be able to find one, but DI is the best. They had two blue dog costumes! It's a little small for him, but he's very excited. It will work for one night anyway. Love you guys!