Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Care Bears for Dinner and Daddy Hugs

Hi Everyone,

I don't have any pictures to post, but I have some funny stories. BethAnne likes to have pretend dinners or picnics. Her pretend food is still mostly packed, but she found a way around that. A couple days ago, we sat down for her pretend dinner and to my shock and dismay she served me a small stuffed care bear to eat. I actually did not find it funny at the time (I'm particularly fond of care bears). I emphatically told her we do not eat care bears. Later she brought me another care bear and told me it was made out of cake and frosting (she likes watching Ace of Cakes where they make cool cakes shaped like different things). I thought it was okay to pretend to eat a pretend cake shaped like a care bear. BethAnne is very creative.

The next day at real dinner, Mark gave BethAnne a big hug right before she sat down to dinner. Grace was already in her seat but she got down and ran to Mark and said "Daddy hug?". So Mark gave her a hug, but one wasn't enough. We sat there for five minutes waiting to say prayer as she said "Daddy Hug" over and over and kept going back for more hugs. Finally were able to say prayer and she went back to her seat, but a few times in dinner she got out of her chair and went to Mark for another "Daddy hug". It was very cute.

We hope you are all well. The girls have had a cold, but they're getting better. Mark is getting settled in at work. He gets along well with his office roommate. I'm trying to keep the kids happy and fed and working on organizing our house and finishing the unpacking. Melynie is moving here at the end of the week and I'm excited to have a good friend living here.

Love you all!
Aubrey

2 comments:

Alpha Alarm said...

Thats funny that Grace asked for so many hugs. Ben does the same thing everyday... usually when he is being whinny. Usually after five hugs though we throw in the towell and tell him no more hugs. Glad to see that you are more patient than us.

Suzie said...

You gotta love those daddy hugs! I'm so glad things are going so well for you guys.