Friday, February 05, 2010

I'm Keeping My New Year's Resolution!

It hasn't even been a month since my last post! During most of the month of January the kids took turns being sick with fevers and colds and ear infections, but as of right now we are all well (knock on wood), and mommy is quite relieved.
As I sit here the snow is falling in a huge snowstorm that is supposed to be the biggest our area has received in decades. It's supposed to be at least two feet of very wet heavy snow. Jeff and the kids are so excited! I know that's probably nothing to you Logan-ites, but D.C. just doesn't know how to deal with this stuff. We had a few inches of snow on Wednesday and they closed school. Last night the school district preemptively announced a snow day for today even though the snow wasn't even predicted to start until 10:00 this morning. We've now exceeded our allotted snow days for the year, so they've decided to hold school on President's Day, which is fine with me since I'm not even really sure why it's a holiday. There was a run on the grocery stores yesterday with people trying to load up on supplies, and one of the local hardware stores sold 1000 snow shovels last night (two guys got into a fight over the last snow shovel and a plain-clothes cop had to come break it up) and 1500 this morning. Today we've been hunkered down watching the weather channel and playing Wii. It's quite cozy and we all think it's pretty fun to have daddy home on a weekday.
Aiden was the first one outside when it snowed on Wednesday. He built this little snowman (you can see it if you look really hard) all by himself before Eva and I came out and helped him build a big one.

Eva insisted that she needed to shovel the deck since daddy couldn't do it because he was at work. She did a pretty good job!

Two days ago Xander rolled from his back to his tummy for the first time, and he was furious about it (he did not like being on his tummy at all). He got over it though and now tries to roll over every chance he gets.

Here's a picture of Xander in his "Elmo jammies" smiling and cooing at the cute baby in the mirror.

3 comments:

Lisa Llewellyn said...

Aiden looks so grown up in that pic. I LOVE huge snowstorms. I love staying at home in general, which is why I'm liking not having a car during the week. Xander is a cutie - I love that picture of him smiling at himself in the mirror!

Aubrey said...

What cute kids!! Thanks for the update. I hope you stay safe and sound in the big storm. We've had such a mild winter with lots of beautiful days. Today we played at the park in mostly-sunny, 55-degree weather. Give the kids a kiss for me! Love, Aubrey

Bakers said...

Sometimes I wish we could have one day of snow. The boys would have a great time in it I'm sure. You're kids are getting so big...miss you guys.