Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's Spring! (Part One)


Well, I guess I blew my resolution to write every month, but I'm back on the wagon again and vowing to do better. Springtime has come to our neck of the woods, and I love it! Everything is green and warm, the flowering trees are beautiful, and the kids can play outside. Aiden likes to play outside more than Eva, although she likes it a lot too, especially if mom or friends come outside with her. I've had the following conversation with her a few times:
Eva: Mom, can I watch t.v.?
Me: No.
Eva: Why?
Me: Why?
Eva (in a half-grumble): Because it's a beautiful day outside.
Eva still loves kindergarten. Her class spends a lot of the school day doing "centers," which are just various activities in different parts of the room, i.e. computer, housekeeping (pretend kitchen), building blocks, art, etc. Eva spends most of her time at the art center and makes all kinds of amazing pictures and masks and crowns that she designs herself. They also have a book-making station, and she's brought home some great books that she has written and illustrated all by herself. She is so creative! A few weeks ago, she woke up before me and made the sweetest card that she gave me after I got up. Here it is:



Last month was Eva's birthday, and she turned the ripe old age of six. We had a big birthday party (Eva loves, loves, loves parties!) with nine other kids at our house. It was chaos, but happy chaos I think.


Eva got a music player from one of her friends, and Aiden immediately claimed it as his own. Luckily, Eva is a really good sharer.
To be continued....

No comments: