The girls and I went to the Zoo again yesterday, we got a membership because it's a great Zoo and good exercise. We were really blessed that it stopped raining just as we pulled up to the Zoo so hardly anyone was there and the weather was gorgeous. After walking around for a couple hours the kids started to get tired and BethAnne started to complain that her foot hurt (her doctor thinks it just a minor flat foot kind of issue, we're probably going to get some inserts for her shoes). BethAnne's too big for me to carry and she didn't seem to be hurting too much so I said we just had to be brave and keep walking and we would get to the car soon. A few minutes (and a few complaints) later, I turned around and saw that the girls were a little ways back and Grace had her arms tight around BethAnne, it looked like she was giving her a big bear hug. At first I was concerned because Grace can be a little aggressive physically, even with positive expressions of affection. But BethAnne was smiling big and saying "Grace you can't carry me, I'm too big. Grace it won't work." Grace tried and tried for a minute or so. She wanted to carry her big sister so her foot wouldn't hurt anymore. I was so touched and also amused because of the impossibility of the feat she was determined to perform. It's times like this that make it all worthwhile.
Love,
Aubrey
The Day Has Finally Come......
-
I Brian Llewellyn have finally bought a BB gun for my boys. WooHoooooooo!
Let the good times begin.
17 years ago
1 comment:
I love moments like that. What sweet girls!
Post a Comment