Friday, September 12, 2008

I'm Employed!

Good news! I just accepted a job offer! After months of searching online and two long weeks here in Provo, my patience and perseverance have finally paid off! The job is with a department at UVU (formerly UVSC) called GEAR UP, or Gaining Early Awareness and Readiness for Undergraduate Programs. I know that's kinda wordy, but in a nutshell, the program is an outreach effort to young people throughout Utah to encourage them to go to college through scholarships and counseling. I'll be their new administrative assistant, replacing theirs who was promoted to a higher level of administrative roles within the program. Everyone who works there is super nice, and I'm excited to have a job that will keep me in touch with the educational world. The salary is decent, but the benefits are amazing, and I'm so happy to start contributing and working in the "real" world. Ok, so Provo is hardly the real world, but I'm still happy to have a job. Heavenly Father has certainly blessed us, and we're so grateful.

Jon is very busy with school, work, clubs, and extra projects - busy, but happy, and I'm so proud him and all of his talents. He's taking a full load of classes, working as a TA for a drafting class, still working about 8 hours a week for his dad, designing a home for his friend, designing a remodel for a family in Orem, and he's president of the NAHB club. Isn't he amazing? And he still manages to be the sweetest husband in the world! So that's about it with us! We love you!

3 comments:

Suzie said...

Congratulations on everything! I'm so happy that things are going so well for you and Jon!

Aubrey said...

Congratulations on the new job! You guys are awesome! I hope your job is fun and fulfilling. I think it's a good cause you're working for. I wish that a college education was a priority for every high school student, and I wish it was a more affordable goal to reach for everyone. It sounds like Jon has a full plate, he's a remarkable guy. Keep up the good work!

Lisa Llewellyn said...

Way to go!! I'm glad things are coming together for you guys.