
I realized I forgot to include my Halloween picture of both the kids, so you get another taste of Halloween at the Bousquet's. Also, the picture of Aiden with the goggles on was taken several days after Halloween when he insisted that I get him all dressed up in his costume again and then added his own twist. He is a sweet, funny kid. This has nothing to do with Halloween, but he insists on wearing his shoes at all times, even to bed every night! This has been going on for quite some time, since we got him new shoes a few months ago. If I forget to put his shoes on before bed, he'll wake up in the middle of the night and cry, "Shoes! Shoes" until I come in his room and put them back on him. He also likes to "play" Jingle Bells on the piano. He'll bang out the same chord over and over again and then every once in a while stop and shout, "Hey!" (as in "Oh what fun it is to ride in a one horse open sleigh, hey!").
Eva is my big helper lately. She asks for things to do to help out, and sometimes she takes initiative all on her own. A few weeks ago while I was making dinner, she disappeared into her room for awhile, and when she came out she said, "Look, Mommy, I made my bed!" When I peeked into her room, I was amazed to see that she had, and she'd done a pretty good job of it too. The reason this is so amazing (and I'm embarrassed to admit this) is that I have never actually shown her how to make her bed before. She also set the table for me the other night without me asking.
I don't have any kid comedy stories, but I have a Suzie Comedy story. A couple weeks ago I took the kids to the park and sat on a bench to watch them play--a bench that had just been vacated by a guy who was feeding a squirrel. Once I sat down, the squirrel started poking around the diaper bag at my feet and trying to get into it. It was so close I could have reached down and touched it, and I started getting worried that it might try to bite me or something. Since I wasn't in the mood for rabies shots, I started gesturing with my arm and saying, "Shoo, go away." Well, he must have misunderstood, because all of a sudden he jumped right into my lap. I was so startled, I shrieked and stood up, and the squirrel ran a few feet away and looked annoyed. For the record, squirrels have pretty sharp claws (no skin broken, just an uncomfortable prickling on my lap). Anyway, the moral of this story is, "Don't feed the squirrels" :).

2 comments:
Thanks for the post! I love the pictures! You have such adorable children! Your stories about Aiden and his shoes and Jingle Bells could be Kid Comedy. Very funny. Your story about the squirrels is hilarious (and a little scary). Now I can be scared of squirrels and ducks. Have a great weekend!
How sweet, how adorable, how fun! I love you all!
Post a Comment