
We had such a wonderful time at the Wolthuis Reunion last night! We met at the Ogden train station, where 80 years ago Grandma Shurtliff's family arrived from Holland. There were about 400 people in attendance, wonderful food, displays, a reenactment of the family coming into the train station (this first picture - notice that Aunt Diane is playing Great-great-grandma Hillechiena, and Rielle is Great-aunt Jane, and Scott and Kerry's baby is Grandma Dena! It was feally touching. I feel so blessed to have had grandparents who gave up so much so that we could be born and live in America. They gave up what they knew and loved, so that their children could have a better life.
Here's Heidi and Brandon, Grandma and Kim - Brandon in his real sailor suit! Heidi and Brandon are going to Guam for three years with the Navy - and Heidi just found out that #2 is on the way! Fun!
Here's some people I love! You gotta love me for the red eye! One of these days I'll remember to push the lil' button that's supposed to help.....Love to all of you! I have one more of Chrissy and Jon that didn't publish - so stay tuned :) 
The Day Has Finally Come......
-
I Brian Llewellyn have finally bought a BB gun for my boys. WooHoooooooo!
Let the good times begin.
17 years ago

2 comments:
Great pictures, thank you! I wish I could have been at that reunion! It's looks like a great time was had by all.
Thanks so much for the post. I really wish we could have been there.
Post a Comment