Thursday, September 17, 2009

Our Newest Addition - Xander Carl Bousquet

Hello Everyone!

Because I cannot figure out how to post on here with my account, I (Jeff) am using Suzie's account to report on the birth of Xander Carl Bousquet, and to post a few pictures. Xander was born on Monday, September 14 at 12:40 p.m. EDT. He weighed 7 lbs. 8 oz. and measured 19.5 inches in length.




As you can see, Xander and Suzie are looking great and are doing well! Suzie and Xander came home yesterday afternoon, and Mom Baker flew out last night and will be staying with us through the weekend.
I forgot that a newborn's daily schedule is basically (1) sleep, (2) eat, and (3) repeat steps (1) and (2). Not a very interactive routine for a Daddy. On the other hand, what a very special blessing it is to witness again the wondrous miracle of life entering this mortal existence, and to watch one of Heavenly Father's precious children acclimate to a physical body and experience the joys and trials that only mortality can bring. It is also so wonderful to see that bond between a mother and her newborn child. Suzie just absolutely glows, and is so happy. So, all in all, it is a very exciting time in the Bousquet household!


6 comments:

Mark said...

Xander looks like a little tiny Jeff! I'm very happy for all of you.

Melynie said...

Congrats, Suzie and Jeff! That is such a wonderful time in a family (wonderful, sleepless...) We're so happy for you!

Melynie

Aubrey said...

Thanks so much for the post and the pictures! We wish we could live closer and see the new baby. He looks so healthy and sweet! I love the name you chose! I can't believe a little baby like that is inside my tummy almost ready to come out too. It's so amazing! I hope these next few weeks go great for you guys!
Love,
Aubrey

Flora said...

Congratulations on your beautiful baby! He is so precious :)

Lisa Llewellyn said...

Thanks for posting, Jeff. The boys love seeing their cousins on here, and especially the newest one!

Amy said...

What a handsome little guy! Congrats, Suzie and Jeff! And I, too, love his name.