Tuesday, April 13, 2010

It's Spring (Part 2)

And speaking of Aiden, he is a big boy now - he is potty trained! We had spring break a couple weeks ago, and decided that was the time to make a concentrated effort, and just get it done. And we did! Mommy is so relieved.


Aiden loves joyschool and playing with all his friends. Here is a picture of all the kids at my house.



Aiden knows all his letters, but writing them is still pretty hard for him since his fine motor skills aren't quitethere yet. He's good at drawing straight lines though and has gone through sheets and sheets of paper covered with his drawings of big "H," little "l," and little "i."



And Xander is still darling and sweet as can be. He is super friendly and grins at anyone who looks his way. He has recently started "speed rolling" to wherever he wants to be, so it's time for us to start thinking about baby-proofing the stairs.





Jeff is working as hard as ever, and the warm weather has inspired him to start tackling our numerous household projects again. He has recently been working on remodeling the basement bathroom that we totally gutted a couple years ago and then just sort of left. It's turning out beautifully; I'll post pictures of it when he's done.


Here's a picture of me in case you've all forgotten what I look like (I'm usually the one behind the camera). I'm getting excited about planting the garden. I'll be even more excited once I get all the dirt in the garden beds turned over. We have tons of clay in the soil out here, and right now it's hard as rock - serious exercise to get it all ready for planting. I went to a community education class a few weeks ago about spring gardening and got some good ideas. Other than that, I'm just busy and happy being a mom. We're super excited to see you all in July!

2 comments:

Bakers said...

So I feel kinda sheepish asking this... But what is happening in July???

Suzie said...

We're coming to Boise fot a visit! You wanna come too? It would be fabulous!