Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Spring's a Comin'...







I love spring! We've had a fun March so far. Eva turned four last week. She is getting so big! We had a family party on Tuesday night, and surprised her with two little kittens! We got two because we read that when they're really little you should have more than one so they don't get lonely. I'm really glad we did it because they entertain each other so well. They wrestle and cuddle. One of the first nights they were with us, one of them poked himself in the eye with his claw while trying to clean himself; he meowed pitifully, but wouldn't let Jeff or I touch him; he went over to the other kitten and nestled under her paw (she put her paw around him - it honestly looked like she was giving him a hug) for the rest of the night. He was all better in the morning. The kittens are adjusting well to the Bousquet household (they love to sleep nestled in the crooks of our arms in the bed, but we've finally had to kick them out of our bedroom because they get up in the middle of the night and start chasing each other around), and Eva and Aiden love them. The kids are surprisingly gentle, although we still have to watch them pretty carefully. We named the gray striped kitten (female) "Tiger" (I know it's not terribly original, but I started calling her that and it just stuck), but we can't come up with a good name for the fuzzy black one. We'd love any name suggestions that any of you might have.
On Saturday we had a friend birthday party at our house; 9 four-year-olds! It was kind of chaotic, but not as bad as you might expect, and we had a lot of fun. I was so glad the weather was nice so we could spend part of the time in the back yard.

Change of subject, but you know you're not in Utah anymore when you go to a baby shower hosted by a couple of gay guys. That's what Jeff and I did Saturday night. The baby shower was for a really sweet couple (not the gay guys, although they are very nice too) we've become friends with out here. It was a nice party, and the guys' home was decorated beautifully, so we took a tour of it and tried to get ideas for our own house.

Today we had the trees in our yard pruned. The trees are huge, so it's quite the undertaking for the guys who do the pruning. They put on rock climbing gear and scale the trees with their chainsaws belted around their waists. I included a picture because I just thought it was amazing to see.
Anyway, that's the Bousquet news for the moment. We love and miss you all a ton!

5 comments:

Alpha Alarm said...

You should name the other cat Barrack... or Obama. Just kidding. That is pretty funny that you went to a shower hosted some gay guys. I bet that could get really awkward really fast. anyways, your kids are adorable and they are getting so big.

Aubrey said...

Eva is so pretty and Aiden is so cute! The kitties look so fun! We're excited to get some sometime. Thanks for posting on the blog.

Lisa Llewellyn said...

Those are some HUGE trees. We'll be wishing we had trees like that in a few short months. Fun to see your kitties - I hope they don't cause you too much trouble!

Chrissy said...

I think you should name the other kitten Charlie, so that you have Charlie and Tiger, in honor of our dear brother. :) Love you guys!

Aubrey said...

I like the Charlie idea. cute!