Hi Family! Again, I've been waiting for anything exciting to happen before I post, but Carl hinted that I've waited too long. :) Things are going pretty well here in Omaha. My work is off and on busy and slow, but mostly slow despite my efforts to get work from people. As exciting as it sounds, being a secretary at a hospital is not all it's cracked up to be--or at least working in the pharamacy department. Consequently, I've become a crossword guru, though I'll never come close to rivaling Dad. Jon is enjoying his job and is highly valued in the company for his skills and talents--not just for being the "boss's son." He's already been on two business trips and has one planned to Mississippi next week to check out some of their properties. The ward has been making good use of us, and it's nice to finally feel needed. I'm the Relief Society pianist and Jon is a ward missionary. We were asked to give a fireside to the youth a few weeks ago about making good choices in your teens that affect your life later on. Since then, we've been asked to go to youth conference in a couple of weeks and be counselors. Sometimes I kinda wish we were invisible like we were last summer in Indiana, but we're happy to be able to serve. We're excited to be coming up on our second anniversary in a few weeks and my sweet husband is planning a weekend getaway to Kansas City. Rick, any sites we should check out? I can't believe we've already been here for more than a month--I wish the summer months wouldn't fly by like they do! I'm glad to hear than Aubrey and Dad are recovering so well and am so happy for them. Hopefully the next time we see each other we'll all be a little slimmer! Jon and I have gym passes here and I've been going quite regularly with a sweet 15-year-old exercise guru from the ward. I'm hoping to shed some pounds and am even forsaking chocolate for the cause, so we'll see! I'm trying to follow what's called the "Best Life" Diet and it seems pretty cool so far. Well, I think that's about it for us. We're happy to be where we are and are so grateful for the Hastings' hospitality and love this summer. Hope you all are happy and healthy! Much love!
The Day Has Finally Come......
-
I Brian Llewellyn have finally bought a BB gun for my boys. WooHoooooooo!
Let the good times begin.
17 years ago
2 comments:
You guys are so great! It's fun to hear about what you're doing. I've been trying to lose weight too by riding our exercise bike several times a week. It hasn't been super effective, however, because I haven't been willing to give up sweets and other fattening foods. Oh well! Maybe seeing all of you slim and sleek folks in August will get me more motivated.
I'm proud of you, Chrissy! I thought I was looking ok until a lady from my ward - not even a very good friend - called out of the blue to ask me if I was pregnant. Of course she prefaced it with "I've got a personal question for you. Promise you won't be offended?" I didn't think there was anything she could say that I'd be offended by, but I guess I was wrong. I tried a few crunches that night, and then said to heck with it. One of these years I might get on my elliptical machine again...
Post a Comment