Sunday, June 29, 2008

More pics and reunion plans





We are getting SO excited for the reunions we are hosting this year - especially the Baker one. Brian's brother Kevin bailed, so the Llewellyn reunion will be small - Delona's family, Brian's parents, and Karie (Brian's sister). It will still be fun, but I think seeing all 10 Baker grandkids together is going to be the highlight of our summer. Here's the plan for it so far:
  • Tuesday night - Suzie and Jeff are coming into town.
  • Thursday afternoon - reunion officially starts.
  • Thursday night - pictues, dinner, playing and s'mores (there's a firepit) at the park by our house. For the picture, bring shirts with the colors that have been popular lately (brown, light blue, green, pink, and/or white - I've got lots of little boys shirts if Suzie or Steph don't know what to bring). We'll just do jeans - either shorts or pants.
  • Friday - cave tour (if we want) and Bear Lake! ( I figured we could do sandcastles and lunch first, and then I've tentatively reserved a kayak, 2 paddleboats and 2 waverunners from 1 -3, and a boat and water trampoline from 3 - 5. I decided to go with waverunners AND a boat - it was the same price as doing waverunners for the full 4 hours, plus they won't let us pull a tube behind a waverunner. The rental place is right inside the hotel we've reserved, and all the equipment is already in the water, so we won't have to waste any time returning and getting stuff.) There's a famous shake and burger joint close by, so we'll take the easy way out for dinner. After we play and eat, the hotel has a hot tub and pool if anyone wants to warm up or hang out before going back to Logan. Aubrey's family is staying at the hotel that night, and any babies who need to nap during the day can use the room.)
  • Saturday - 4 wheelers (dad's) and motorcycles (ours) for those who want to take a ride. We can either do this up the canyon, or just up the road from our house. We can do whatever else we want during the day (movie, water park, bowling, fishing or just hang out). In the evening, we will have a family game night (board games, pool, foosball, etc). The grandparents might come up this night. If anyone is ambitious enough to make a slideshow from our blog pictures throughout the year, this would be a good time to show it).
  • Sunday - church at 11, and that's about it...
A note about accomodations: We have 3 rooms in the basement, 2 with real queen beds (mattresses are good but firm), and one with a blow-up. Upstairs, we have 1 or 2 empty rooms (the boys can sleep with us if someone wants their room). The boys' room has 3 twin beds (bad mattresses). The other room has a computer, crib, and blow-up. Some rooms are quieter than others, so let me know if this is the most important thing to you. I'll have 1 crib and 3 playpens, so we should have the babies covered. I have enough pillows so each of you can have 1 - if you want more than 1, please bring it. We have plenty of towels. You are welcome to stay in a hotel if you want your own space, just let me know what your plans are.

If you have any food suggestions, I would LOVE to hear them. I'm thinking EASY, since we don't have a ton of time to spend cooking and cleaning. Love you all and look forward to seeing you!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Thanks for the update on the reunion and the very cute pictures! I'm glad the camera got there safely. The reunion is going to be so much fun! Thanks for hosting it. Have a great week!

Chrissy said...

When I saw tyler's picture, I immediately thought of the song "I walk the line." Your boys are so handsome, especially that Adam baby. As for food, I think sloppy joes might be a good idea, or maybe french dip sandwiches, and Carl can do some mean barbeque...