Hi All,
Today Mark gave a wonderful talk in Church about keeping and sharing testimonies. He put a lot of work and thought into it. After Church, everybody was raving about it, but not for just the normal reasons. Before Mark's talk, during the rest hymn, I had to take the girls out to the hall because Grace was starting to act up and demanding to go see Daddy who was sitting on the stand. So I took them to the hallway and they went to get drinks at the drinking fountain. I stayed by the door to the chapel so I could listen to Mark's talk. The girls were just down the hall and I kept my eye on them...most of the time. A few minutes into the talk I looked over at the drinking fountain and Grace was gone. I quickly went over there and asked BethAnne where Grace was. She pointed to a door that was propped open leading to the cultural hall (which is used as overflow seating for Sacrament meeting). I quickly ran in looking for Grace. I was too late. She was already running through the aisle of the chapel and I was at the back of the cultural hall. I didn't know what to do, I was hoping someone would grab her before she got too far, but they didn't. I was kind of frozen in terror for a minute and then I started going after her. She was very excited and happy, shouting "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!" as she got closer to him. Before I was halfway through the Chapel, she was on the stand running towards Mark. He was surprised, and a little flustered for a second, but then he picked her up and sweetly said "Grace is going to help me give my talk today". By then, I reached the front and took Grace from Mark. Before all this happened, Mark had been talking about keeping and growing our testimonies during trials. As I left with Grace, Mark said "speaking of trials...(and then he smiled and paused)" and the whole congregation burst into laughter. After that, Melynie was very kind to watch the kids in a classroom so I could listen to the rest of Mark's talk. It was very good. I was pretty mortified about the incident with Grace, but the rest of the ward thought it was hilarious and they enjoyed the rest of the talk too. We got lots of positive comments from ward members, but my favorite was from a couple of older men in the ward who stopped me after church and said it was a good talk but their favorite part was Grace. Mark says that several people told him that too. So, at least our ward knows who we are now, which is good, right? Have a happy week!
The Day Has Finally Come......
-
I Brian Llewellyn have finally bought a BB gun for my boys. WooHoooooooo!
Let the good times begin.
17 years ago
4 comments:
Yep - those are the moments you will ALWAYS remember :)
That is so sweet. I would have loved to have been there to see it all. I sang in sacrament meeting today, and as soon as I got up to go to the stand, Aiden started crying and saying, "Mommy, Mommy." As soon as the music started, he stopped - at least until the middle of the song when he started to cry again and Jeff had to take him out.
Hahahahah! That is so funny!
That is hilarious. I'm always nervous when Carl is asked to pass the sacrament because it is all I can do to keep Ben in his seat. Miss you guys!!
Post a Comment