Sunday, September 16, 2007

2008 Family Reunion

Hi family! Brian and I want to start a family reunion every-other year (like on the off years of the extended Baker family reunion). We'll host it next year, and then someone else can the next time (unless you all like Logan so much you want to make it part of the tradition...) Our summer is wide open so far (except for the weekend of July 26th). Of those of you who want to come, what dates work best?

Some ideas:
- Thursday or Friday through Sunday
- Our house (4 spare bedrooms, but not that many beds - air matresses anyone?)
- Or we could rent some cabins by Bear Lake
- Play at Bear Lake (1 hour away from our house, very fun because the water is warm/shallow for a long time for the kids, then deep enough for boats and jet skis, etc)
- Pickleville Playhouse (dinner theater in Bear Lake - like the Shakespeare festival)
- 1 night of camping at Tony Grove? (gorgeous area walking-distance away from a small lake, with toilets and flushing water - 15 minutes from Bear Lake) - 4-wheelers, motorcycles, fishing (maybe the guys could do this with the older kids, and the girls could go to Pickleville with the babies? or maybe we could be brave and rough it too...)
- We also have a few nice parks by our house, an aquatic center 15 minutes away (like the Natatorium w/kid area and slide), a very small zoo (birds and turtles anyone?)

So is anyone game? If so, when?

7 comments:

Aubrey said...

Being me, I just have to ask, "Will there be dirt involved in this family reunion???" No, I'm just kidding. I'm not sure about the camping part, but we'll be there with bells on. :)

Lisa Llewellyn said...

The camping part is optional -- and if Brian is the only one who wants to go, we'll bag that part and they can just 4-wheel/motorcycle from our house.

Mom said...

This is a WONderful idea! Thanks, Lisa! I'm all for it - we'll even be in the rotation :) I think I am taking a 5 week class this summer - but I can take it in June or July, so I'm pretty free. The last part of June might be best - chance of more cool weather.

Love you all, Mom

Suzie said...

That sounds super fun! We'll make it a priority to try to be there.

Aubrey said...

We could be in the rotation too. We'd be happy to have people come here and we could play at our swimming pool every day. We could do other activities too, like the zoo or the discovery center. I think it's a great time to start a reunion, I always want us and our kids to be close to each other.

Chrissy said...

We'll be in the rotation too! I mean, I don't want to be left out on the fun, just because we don't have a permenant place of residence! So our "get together" number 3 or 4 can be in our tba future city of residence!

Suzie said...

We'd love to be in the rotation too - I don't know how that would work out though with the cost of plane tickets and such, but if sometime in the future we could make it happen, it would be amazing. There are so many things to do out here! By that same note, anyone who ever wants to come and visit us whenever is welcome any time. We have lots of room now!