Monday, September 17, 2007

Good ol' Provo!






I thought you guys might like to see some of these pictures I took in the MTC when we sent Rick off. The picture of his nametag with the dot on it is kind of an inside joke--Jon told me that that dot is called "the dork dot" cuz all first-day missionaries get one. For some reason, we all thought this was hilarious and it really lightened the mood that day. And this pic to the left is of Jon and I in front of Frank Lloyd Wright's house in Chicago, where we visited just before we returned to Provo. Speaking of Provo, things are going pretty well here. We've gotten used to our ghetto basement apartment south of campus and like having two bedrooms and access to a washer/dryer. Classes are really tough for me this semester, but I love them and I can't wait to student teach in a few months! Jon is so happy to be in his construction classes, and we feel so blessed to finally have him in the program! I just got a job as a research assistant on campus doing statistical analysis for the School of Education (I'm actually not exactly sure what I'm doing yet, but it pays well!) and Jon has some job interviews lined up this week. So that's about it for us. I'm glad that you are all doing well, and Lisa, I like the reunion idea but I feel too young to be starting our own "baker reunions!" Much love!

5 comments:

Lisa Llewellyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisa Llewellyn said...

Love the pics. Thanks so much for the update. I'm so glad things are going your way this semester. The ghetto apartment will be something you will fondly remember for years to come. Congrats to Jon for getting into the program!!

Lisa Llewellyn said...

For Chrissy's sake, we will scrap the "reunion" word and refer to it as a "casual get-together with lots of food and fun and noisy kids running around making Grandpa and everyone else a little crazy."

Aubrey said...

Good luck with school, sorry about the ghetto apartment. You guys are great! Thanks for the pictures and update!

Suzie said...

Ahh, I remember our first ghetto apartment. Good time! Congrats to Jon!