Monday, September 17, 2007

Rogers Family Update




Hi Family! Sorry I haven't posted anything yet. When you first started the blog, I tried to post through Picasa so I could easily include pictures, but I can't get Picasa's blog function to work. I keep getting lots of error messages. Mark and I can't figure out what the problem is. So I kind of forgot about the blog for awhile. I will try to be better. Suzie's been very busy moving and repainting her whole new house, so I think we should give her some slack about not posting yet ;) When I talked to her the other day she was taking a door off it's hinges in order to replace the hinges. Go Suzie! I'm very impressed with Suzie and Lisa's remodeling skills.
Things are going pretty well here. I got to attend Deseret Book's "Time Out for Women" with Mom yesterday. It's like a mini-EFY for women. We had a really nice time. There were lots of good talks and Kenneth Cope sang. Some of the songs were new to me and they were very touching. (I don't suppose this blog lets you post songs). The songs were both by Kenneth Cope, titled "Come unto Jesus" and "Broken". You can find them on I-tunes for 99 cents each.
We've been doing pretty well lately. Mark has been a fabulous help this weekend, I feel like I've had the whole weekend off. I'm so blessed. The girls are doing pretty well. Grace has been rather fussy lately, but I think she's okay. Maybe she's teething again. BethAnne is also doing well. She started Preschool last week and she loves it! It's so fun to watch her learn and grow and make friends. It's really nice to that she doesn't have poopy diapers anymore, and she stays fairly dry too. She wears pullups, but we only have to change them in the morning and at night and she can do that herself. Right when we got back to Boise, the Bishop set me apart as a Nursery worker and in the blessing he said that I wouldn't have to spend so much time with BethAnne's health maintenance things. It was a really sweet blessing. At that time I was still overwhelmed with everything and I didn't understand what the blessing was talking about. It's clear now though. I spend so much less time with diapers and things. BethAnne changes her own pullups and we only have to do the enemas every other day and she's completely clean in between (most kids have to do the enemas every day for them to be effective). That saves me a ton of time. We've been really blessed. She still has about a 50/50 chance of potty training her bowel when she's a little older. But the enemas are working well and she doesn't mind them too much. We are going back to Cincinnati in October for more testing on BethAnne's urinary tract and then she will have surgery in December or January. That will keep us in Cincinnati for 2 to 4 weeks probably. With the surgery and regular catheterization, we will hopefully be able to keep BethAnne's kidneys healthy enough for many more years.
Mark and his family are doing better lately, for the most part. It has been a hard summer, but we are grateful for the "good news" of the Gospel and the peace of the Comforter. We know we will see Todd again. We appreciate all your thoughts and prayers. Mark's brother, Scott, is moving to Lehi in the next couple of weeks to start work at Micron there. We're excited to have him on this side of the country. Mark's parents are planning to retire to Boise in about 1 1/2 years. That will be great!
Well, I'm sorry this was a little long and redundant for those of you who may have heard a lot of it. I love all of you so much! Hope you are well.
Love, Aubrey and family

1 comment:

Lisa Llewellyn said...

Thank you for posting! I'm so glad things are getting easier/less time consuming in the BethAnne department. We'll be praying for her in the coming months as you go back to Cincinatti and make important decisions. We love you all!