Sunday, October 07, 2007

Happy Sunday!

Hello family! I felt like I should jump on the bandwagon and post an update like the rest of the sisters, but the problem is, we're kinda boring and we don't have cute pictures of kids to post. School's still going good for us, but it's getting busier as the semester wears on. I met my coordinating teacher who I'll be student teaching with next semester and she's really nice. I'll be teaching 7 classes of seventh graders at Oak Canyon Junior High in Lindon, with nearly 250 students in all of my classes. Wish me luck memorizing all their names! Three of those classes are part of a cross-curriculum program called PUSH where English, History and Science coordinate their curriculums to be talking about the same things and they go on a bunch of fieldtrips, so that will be fun. The History and Science teachers will have student teachers next semester too, so there'll be six of us planning lessons for the PUSH team--exciting! I'm nervous to teach, but my teacher (Mrs. Jones) is so supportive and is going to give me as much freedom or as much structure as I want. Jon is loving his new job as a CAD drafter for a local home builder and right now is working on plans for a huge house near the point of the mountain. So anyways, that's about it for the Hastings. It's so fun to hear from all of you and look at your adorable pictures! Have a great week!

2 comments:

Lisa Llewellyn said...

It's fun to hear about your upcoming student teaching. 250 names will be quite a trick. The curriculum sounds fun though. I'm glad Jon is enjoying the CAD job. That gives him well-rounded experience and lets him see if he likes the desk-job thing or the hands-on building. It also gives him skills that could be very useful for commercial as well as residential. Love you guys!

Aubrey said...

I'm glad you guys are doing well. I'm so happy about Jon's job! What a blessing! Good luck with your classes! You'll do great at student teaching, though I bet it will be a challenge at times. Have a great week! Love, Aubrey