Thursday, October 18, 2007

My Awesome Husband...

I just wanted to let you all know that Jon found out today that he made the NAHB competition team this year. Remember how he did the LEED (Green Building) team last year? That was a walk in the park compared to this! This competition is the most prestigious home building competition for CM majors, and thousands of companies come to the national championships to recruit (and BYU has a record for placing nationally). The team only lets 1 or 2 juniors on the team, so this is quite the honor and I am so proud of Jon! It's gonna be a lot of work and I'm taking applications for a roommate for a week in the middle of February, but other than that this is going to be a great experience. :)

School is going pretty good for us and we're almost over the midterm hump--can you believe how fast time flies? Jon passed his midterms with flying colors, and I'm working through a midterm paper about how to teach a research paper. Sounds boring, but I'm loving it! I teach my first lesson tomorrow morning on the Outsiders and I'm super nervous but there's gotta be a first time for everything I guess. The B-Day classes (which is tomorrow) are smaller than the A-day, so that's a plus. So anyways, I'm tired and boring, but I just had to brag about my husband. Hope everyone is doing well! Love you!

3 comments:

Aubrey said...

Congratulations Jon!! We're really proud of you! Good luck with your teaching Chrissy!

Suzie said...

Congratulations, Jon! That's amazing! You're going to do a great job teaching, Chrissy.

Mom said...

Hurray for Jon!
And Hurray for Chrissy on her scholarship she found out about today! Wow - "go get 'em kids!"