Hi Everyone!
We're all busy and happy as usual. We have a million projects going on around the house. I'm getting to know my way around Home Depot pretty well by now; sometimes I don't even have to ask directions to find what I'm looking for! : ) My biggest focus for the house right now is finding couches to replace the ratty ones we've had for 10 years. I'm way too picky and I'm having trouble finding just the right set. Does anyone have suggestions for where to look...how to get a good deal, etc.?
I wanted to post some pictures of our latest happenings. They include Eva's first day at preschool (she still loves it!); Aiden engaged in one of his favorite activities, banging on pots and pans; Aiden's first haircut, which was last week (he's getting so big, he didn't even cry!); Eva and Aiden playing in the backyard; and an eagle that was perched on our swingset a few weeks ago. We love you all!
P.S. Sorry about the picture layout. I'm new to this stuff : )
3 comments:
So fun! How'd you get the pictures to overlap and be so cute? Anyway, it looks like you guys are doing good. Aiden is adorable -- and the haircut looks great. Furniture, eh? It depends if you have any pride or not. I find what I like, and then(with a serious face - this is the hard part)I ask them how low they are able to go (remember -- furniture markups are huge). They come back with a better price. Then I subtract another 15 - 25% and tell them that's what I'm willing to pay. They usually go for it. Make sure you mention that your price includes tax and delivery. Let me know how you do...
Lisa hit the nail on the head. One thing to keep in mind is that these people who sell furniture are just that, salesmen. They will do anything to make a deal, even if they don't make too much money on it. They might try to play hard ball with you and tell you that they can't negotiate with prices, but remember, that is a bunch of bologna (or BS). if they are serious about making a sale, then they will find a way to please you. I don't know if they have any Ashley Furniture in DC, but that is where Lisa and I got our furniture. they have high quality for a decent price.
Thanks for the update. Your kids are adorable!! Good luck on the furniture. I really like Ashley Furniture too. I've never had any luck with bargaining though. The next time I pick out some furniture I want Lisa to come and negotiate the price :) I hope we can come and visit sometime soon! Say Hi to Jeff and the kids!
Post a Comment