Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Finally!

Here it is - I'm finally posting. I love this blog idea, and I've enjoyed reading everyone's posts. The past few weeks have been crazy busy for us. We moved into our house and we love it! There's so much to do though. (Even with some updates, a 40-year-old house has plenty of quirks and issues to take care of : ) ) We finally finished painting the spare room and we're ready to move all the spare room furniture out of the living room an into its rightful place. Eva's room is half painted, and Aiden's room...well, Aiden's room is still dark purple. The air conditioning conked out the day we moved in, and we've been fighting with the warranty company (we have a one-year warranty on the house - I'd never heard of such a thing before) about them paying to replace it because they figured that with the timing it must have been a "pre-existing condition"; but they finally agreed to pay up and we have a/c now (last week was 90 degrees outside, and this week is in the 60's and 70's - oh well, at least it'll be working in the spring when we have to use it again).
Our neighbors here are amazing. Soon after we moved in our next door neighbors left a scarecrow decoration on our doorstep with a "welcome" card. Our other next door neighbors and the neighbors next door to them both invited us to cookouts in our honor, the across-the-street neighbors brought us brownies, and yesterday while I was at the grocery store someone mowed our front lawn (we still haven't found time to buy a lawnmower). Our ward is nice too, but I don't feel like we've really met many people there yet; I'm sure we'll get integrated soon.
Eva started preschool last week, and she loves it! She loves making new friends. Aiden is getting so big too. I'll post pictures soon. Well, Eva is getting antsy, so I've got to finish up, but I'll post again soon!

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

I'm so glad about your neighbors. I think we'll move to your neighborhood. We have a weird single guy next door to us. Nobody lives on the other side of us, and our across the street neighbors almost burned our house down last year with their illegal fireworks. Still, we should probably get to know all of them better. Our ward is nice though. Good luck with your continuing renovations. I'm so glad Eva likes preschool. Preschool is a great invention!! Send pictures of Aiden. Grace is getting to such a cute age. She's starting to talk a little more and point to everything she wants (which is almost everything she sees) demanding that we give it to her. Very fun. We got her some awesome Christmas presents at Costco tonight. We got a great rocking horse for $35 and a great baby doll (lots of accessories included) for $20. Anyway, love you all.
Aubrey

Lisa Llewellyn said...

Your neighborhood sounds fantastic! I'm still jealous of the mature landscaping in your backyard and that swingset. Though shalt not covet Lisa!!