Sunday, September 23, 2007

From Rick...

This might be the same as the letters you guys have been getting, but for those who haven't heard some of his latest...

there has been a lot of tracting, so i'm starting to get into shape. haha oh yeah i have devolped a twitch in both my eyebrows its hilarious. i will just be sitting there and all of a sudden my eyebrows will start going crazy!

oh man they have changed so much in the mission this Zone conference. we had a standard of excellence that kind of put us above other missions i guess, like an extra set of rules, and it just got upgraded. ...missouri is one of four missions that is starting a new program called "truth restored". we are kind of a guinee pig mission. the chuch has started advertisments and we have new pass along cards, that say "the truth about lifes great questions is now restored" you can go to mormon.org\truthrestored to see the advertisments and stuff. yeah so a ton of pressure is on the missionaries to really make this program work. phase two of the operation just began, so now they really want to see a change. pretty cool huh? if this program is a success then they are going to start it in every mission in the world. so yeah the stakes in this mission are now training members how to preach the gospel to their friends and how to be missionaries basically. just imagin if the whole world did that. haha I'm leading a revolution! its really exciting. you definately need to check that website out.

3 comments:

Mom said...

Thanks, Lisa! I did send this to all the immediate family - so I think they got it. And I will be sending edited versions of his emails each week. XOXXO

Mom said...

Also.....thought I would print out the blog once a month or so and send it to Rick. Lisa - any ideas how best to format and print? Love you! Mom

Lisa Llewellyn said...

Good question, mom. I'll look and see if there are any print options...