
Well, Rick just sent us our first care package. It contained among other things: his boots that turned out to not be "mission authorized", my ancient digital camera that his missionary buddies had labeled "the brick", a cookbook, 2 of his used missionary planners, a hand-written letter (very nicely punctuated and capitalized, I might add), and a memory card of pictures and movies from his "new" camera.

His movies were huge so I'm not posting them. One was a tour of his apartment, which included a nice investigator white board, scriptures, church pictures on the wall and other typical missionary stuff like 20-30 different types of junk food (featuring Chips Ahoy and Krispy Kreme donuts), a few unwashed dishes, a companion in p-day garb, etc... I think the Krispy Kremes might be one reason he didn't need the cookbook anymore.

The other two movie shorts featured Elder Baker and his companion Elder Johnson in true missionary attire swaying/not-really-dancing to the tunes of "Winter Wonderland" (Mom's favorite) and "Feliz Navidad." Joking aside, it was great to see him in pictures and read his letter. Rick is excited that an investigator that he had tracted out a few weeks ago set a baptismal date.

I enjoy the uplift I get from Rick's letters. What an effort he is making to grow spiritually, work hard, share the gospel, take a genuine interest in the welfare of others and do his family proud. I thank all of you for your prayers and words of encouragement to him. They have meant a lot to him.
3 comments:
I accidentally posted a comment under Mark's account, so I deleted it. I just wanted to say thanks for the update on Rick and the pictures. I'm really proud of him. I'm excited that one of his investigators has set a baptism date. He's doing good work.
So fun to read your post, Dad. Our boys are so cute praying for him every night. He is a good example to them. I forgot to tell them that he has a baptism set -- they'll be excited to hear that. Funny that he's telling you guys to eat healthy food one month, and then showing off Krispy Kremes the next :)
I'm tired and going to bed -- before midnight no less!!
Post a Comment